The holiday season us officially upon us and New Year’s Eve is around the corner, so you want to avoid a car accident! Drinking and celebrating with friends and family are holiday traditions. The goal is to enjoy yourself and get home in one piece. Sadly, along with Christmas, holiday and New Year’s Eve parties comes more drunk drivers on the roads.
New Year’s Eve is one of the most dangerous nights of the year for car accidents and drunk driving incidents. January 1 is one of the worst days for serious car accidents caused by drunk drivers.
5 New Year’s Eve Road Safety Tips
- Plan your night ahead of time. If you are planning to drink at a party, make plans to spend the night, call a cab services or schedule a ride with Uber or Lyft. Another option is to book a hotel within walking distance. You can also try to find a designated driver you can trust to stay sober and get you home safe.
- If you are hosting a party, offer your spare room, couch and floor to anyone who would like to stay overnight. You do not want an overserved guest to be involved in an accident. You can also make sure that there are plenty of non-alcoholic beverages available along with food to help your guests from getting too inebriated.
- If you suspect someone is driving drunk, call the police. If you witness someone speeding excessively or weaving on the road, pull over and call the police. By calling the police, you could end up preventing a fatal car accident.
- If you have no other way of getting home safe, just celebrate without the booze. Just think, you can spend New Year’s day without a hangover!
- If you are driving home, always drive with extra caution and care. You never know who you are sharing the road with, so be smart and drive defensively.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a DUI accident, let our Citrus County Auto Accident Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton fight for the full compensation that you deserve. Call us now at 352-726-0078 for a free consultation at or contact us online. You will pay nothing up front and no attorney fees at all unless we recover damages for you. We will be available 24/7 this holiday season, so do not delay in contacting us.
From our family at Whittel & Melton to yours, have a very safe and happy holiday season!