A Crystal River woman was killed Tuesday in a traffic crash on U.S. 19 in Citrus County.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the crash happened just north of the Citrus-Hernando County line.
No further details regarding the crash have been released at this time.
While it is not known right now what caused this accident, most auto accidents result from driver negligence or recklessness. Some of the most common careless driving behaviors that result in accidents include:
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving: cell phone use, texting, eating and drinking, use of GPS, use of radio, reading a map or written directions, daydreaming, etc.
- Driving while extremely tired or fatigued
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescription drugs
- Failing to use turn signals
- Failing to yield right-of-way
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Making unsafe lane changes
Every year, more than 100,000 people are killed due to someone else’s negligence. The families of those who have lost a loved one due to wrongful death often suffer emotional, mental and financial injuries after such a tragedy.
At Whittel & Melton, our Citrus County Wrongful Death Lawyers understand that losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things a person can go through. If your loved one’s death was caused by another person’s reckless behavior, then you deserve financial compensation for your suffering. We can make sure your rights are protected and that you get the full and fair compensation you deserve. While we cannot bring back your loved one, we can work to obtain justice on their behalf. Call us today at 352-726-0078 or contact us online for a free consultation.